The LEVEL 5 Supplemental Workbook is designed to be completed after the Step-by-Step Basic Rudiments Workbook and the LEVEL 4 Supplemental Workbook. Bonus - Free Resources - Videos for all music history listening activities in the workbook.
UMT Basic Rudiments Workbook plus the LEVEL 4 Supplemental = RCM Theory Level 4.
Note: Additional completion of the LEVEL 5 Supplemental Workbook = RCM Theory Level 5.
The LEVEL 5 Supplemental Workbook features these concepts and more!
- PITCH - Transposition up or down one octave, including change of clef
- SCALES - Major, minor (natural, harmonic & melodic) up to four sharps or four flats
- CHORDS - Tonic, Subdominant and Dominant (Seventh) of required keys, Functional and root/quality chord symbols
- INTERVALS - Major, minor, Perfect, (Melodic & Harmonic),above the Tonic of required Major keys
- COMPOSITION - Four-Measure Answer Phrase to a given Question Phrase (Parallel Period)
- ANALYSIS - Identification Melodic Phrases, Musical Term and Concepts from Previous Levels
- MUSIC HISTORY - Life and Music of G. F. Handel, W. A. Mozart and H. Arlen
- THEORY EXAM - Level 5
The Ultimate Music Theory™ Program and Supplemental Workbooks help students prepare for nationally recognized
theory examinations including the Royal Conservatory of Music. Note: UMT Answer Books are available for ALL Levels.